Friday, October 9, 2015

Entry #7: My Family VS Their Family

October 10, 2015

My family is the same as other families. I have a father, I have a mother and I have siblings. We live in one house, however my older brother doesn't live with us anymore because he currently rents an apartment together with his workmates. Still, all of us meet up whenever there's a special occasion like birthdays and graduations. We also gather together during Christmas holidays and such. 

We are different from my seatmate's family in a lot of ways. I have three brothers, whereas my seatmate has a sister and a brother. Her parents doesn't live with her because they're in Digos and mine are here in Davao with me. She only lives with her sister, because her brother also stays with their parents in Digos. 

We are also different because of our different ways of living. Her parents allow her to go out or hang out with friends during weekends. I, on the other hand, am not allowed to go out of the house with strict permission. I am only allowed to go out during school projects, or birthdays. Only once in the blue moon I am allowed to go out. This might be because my seatmate is the eldest in her siblings, and her parents treat her like an adult. I am the third child out of four and I am very sheltered.

But one similarity that I have with my family and with my seatmate's family is that both of our families celebrate special occasions. Whenever we celebrate birthdays, we always go out and eat somewhere fancy. Everyone is present and we just have fun. Sometimes, we watch a movie or go shopping. It is universal that birthdays and other special occasions make families closer, despite differences. 

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry time will also come that you can go out on your own anytime you want.

    ReplyDelete